Planning a party to celebrate your little one? We are here to help you account for every detail. As an indoor event venue in Tennessee, kids’ birthday parties are some of our favorite events to host. Keep reading this blog for the ultimate kids’ birthday party checklist!
Choose Your Theme
First, choose your theme! Kids’ birthday parties are so fun and there are many different themes to choose from. Selecting a specific theme makes decorating and planning easy. Gather inspiration from their favorite show, character, animal, or even season. You can browse Pinterest for some unique ideas. Get creative!
Set a Budget
Next, set your budget. How much are you willing to spend on this event? You can likely achieve your theme regardless of the budget but this will help guide you where you allocate your funds. Work with a professional planner if you feel overwhelmed by this.
Find Your Vendors
Speaking of working with a professional planner, hiring a vendor team is a great idea! Here’s a list of the professionals you may need:
- Planner: A planner can help manage your budget like a pro. They will be able to help you source your other vendors and truly bring your theme to life. A planner can also be there to help coordinate the day of the event so you can focus on celebrating!
- Decor & Rentals: Renting decor items is probably needed for your event. For the tablescape, signs, and more this vendor is essential. You may also source other vendors in this category like a balloon arch creator!
- Food & Dessert: Every birthday party needs some good food. You will be working with a caterer and dessert vendor for this event. There are many different types of vendors in this category, so choose the best option for your needs.
- Activities: You need some fun activities for the birthday party! Will it be a bounce house or face painter? The choice is yours.
- Venue: Finally, a venue is essential. You need a space to host the birthday party and accommodate your guests.
Set Your Guest Count
While we are talking about guests, set a guest count. Include adults in this guest count if you know many will be staying. This will ensure there is food and a seat for everyone. A typical guest count for this event is 10-40 guests.
Choose the Time
Choose the time of the birthday party. Ask your venue what times are available when booking to help make this decision. You can select a start and end time to begin.
Send Your Invitations
Once you have your guest count, theme, and times, it’s time to send your invitations! You can send your invitations virtually or choose paper invites. Send the invitations 4-6 weeks in advance and be sure to ask for RSVPs.
Activities are an important factor in kids’ birthday parties. Start planning your detailed timeline including plenty of time for fun activities. The kids will have a blast!
Add a table for the adults!
Lastly, add a table for the adults. They will appreciate a place to sit and relax. This is a thoughtful detail to include at a kids’ birthday party. Plus, it is another great design opportunity.
Enjoyed this blog? Check out this Rainbow Unicorn Party for your inspiration!
leave a comment